Lectures (KuHG2): An Introduction to the Care and Preservation of Monuments© Christian Raabe
In the course of the lecture, the central topics of monument conservation are presented.
- Terms / institutions / organisations
- A brief history of heritage conservation
- Inventories: Ferdinand von Quast
- Theory and practice of monument conservation: Viollet-le-Duc and Schinkel
- Legal bases / finances / "classic" conflicts
- Project example: Processes / parties involved / preliminary investigations / monument conservation objectives / practice etc.
- Role of architects in the preservation of historical monuments
Cultural and Historical Foundations II
B.Sc 4th semester
beginning with 04.04.2023
Tuesdays 16:30-17:15 pm
Roter Hörsaal AM (Ro)